8th May 2018
Do you want to help support safe open water swimming?
An Open Water Activator course is due to be delivered on 19th May 2018.
Aims of the workshop:
- To empower the Activator to be confident with their roles and responsibilities and feel able to support safe open water swim sessions and events.
- To support individuals and help them understand what makes a safe open water swim venue. How to support the participants, the course with include practical training in spotting, wetsuit fitting, safety briefings and supporting novice athletes as well as learning more about the procedures and process around how the venues operate.
- The Activator feels confident to input and support the development and maintenance of important documentation.
- Develop strong relationships with all parties involved in the venues open water swim sessions.
- Develop a network of activators to seek advice, support one another and share create resources.
- Over 18.
- Must be an associate or full member.
Please be aware that participants do not enter the water during the course.
For Further Information please go to https://www.britishtriathlon.org/get-involved/education/open-water-activator—hartlepool-marina_7908