Active Lives Survey for Children and Young People – Local Update for Northumberland
The Active Lives Survey: Children and Young People provides a world-leading approach to gathering data on how children engage with sport and physical activity.
It has been designed to give anyone working with children aged 5-16 key insight to help understand children’s attitudes and behaviours around sport and physical activity. Sport England’s aim is for children and young people to feel more motivated, confident and able to get active!
Schools selected to take part in the survey during the Autumn 2018 term have all now been contacted by Northumberland Sport. These schools are;
- Ellington Primary School – Years 2, 4 and 6
- Stamfordham First School – Years 1, 2 and 3
- Malvin’s Close Primary Academy – Years 1, 3 and 5
- Prudhoe Community High School – Years 9, 10 and 11
- Astley Community High School – Years 9, 10, and 11
- Northumberland C of E Academy – Years 9, 10 and 11
- Mowden Hall School – Years 6, 7 and 8
Tackling the Challenges of a New Generation
Youth Sport Strategy 2018 – 2022
A passion for the power of sport and improving children’s lives has been at the heart of the Youth Sport Trust (YST) since its inception. Over the last
23 years, the YST have pioneered a way of working across practice, policy and research, building successful partnerships to forge a lasting legacy for improving young people’s lives. Click here to open the Youth Sport Strategy 2018-2022 document which sets out how the YST will harness the power of sport, play and physical activity to tackle the challenges of a new generation.