8th May 2019
The Chairs of Northumberland Sport and Tyne & Wear Sport are delighted to inform our partners and key stakeholders, that the Boards of both Active Partnerships (AP’s) have agreed to join together, within a charitable company limited by guarantee, as a shared legal entity.
This short update is designed to inform you of the major benefits we firmly believe the combination of Northumberland Sport (NS) and Tyne & Wear Sport (TWS) will deliver improved services to target clients and stakeholders more effectively, which include:
- Delivering a joint ethos that focuses on the benefits of physical activity;
- Delivering a more comprehensive and rigorous evaluation of programmes and approaches;
- Hosting shared events and conferences, reaching a bigger audience;
- Building on recent funding successes with larger joint bids benefiting both AP areas;
- Pooling resources to maximise service delivery and develop fields of expertise.
There will also be much greater opportunities:
- to reinvigorate our operations and service delivery;
- to build more collaborative working arrangements with key stakeholders;
- to further develop already close links with Public Health bodies;
- to publicise joint working and innovation in peer review literature; and
- to reach a wider audience in order to change our clients’ behaviours and attitudes towards getting active.
To read the full update from both Board’s, please download the statement from the Chairs.